St Andrew Holborn is a Guild Church, dedicated to the local working population.
This is the largest of Sir Christopher Wren's parish churches. Although not touched by the Great Fire of London in 1666, the church was in such a poor condition that Wren was asked to build a new one.
In 1941, the building was gutted by a direct hit from an incendiary bomb in the Blitz. It was restored in the 1960s, close to Wren's original designs.
A paved courtyard half-swamped by green foliage, down two flights of stone steps. A fluffed-up brown bird hops onto the end of the stair.